Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
* Do not use external sources for this essay. Just The book “Anatomy of the Sacred” https://vdoc.pub/download/anatomy-of-the-sacred-an-introduction-to-religion-2tnfru9i6lng)
chapters and their corresponding PowerPoint/YouTube presentations should be sufficient.
– Dr. Northup – Sacred Symbol, Myth, and Doctrine (Chapter 4)
– Dr. Northup – Sacred Ritual
– Dr. Larson – Sacred Scripture.
– Dr. Wuaku – Society and the Sacred: The Social Formations and Transformations of Religion (Chapter 7)
· All written assignments will be automatically checked for plagiarism via Turnitin.
· Length: 500-750 words
· Format: MLA – Double-spaced, 12 pt. font
· File type: PDF, DOC, or DOCX
· Sources Just The book “Anatomy of the Sacred” and the PowerPoint / YouTube presentations.
Choose “one” of the following:
1) Identify the different forms of religious groups that are comprised in the typology outlined by the classic sociologists of religion. Explain the basic characteristics of each and provide examples.
(POSSIBLY IN CHAPTER 4)
2) Establish a distinction between the popular misuses of the term “myth” and its meaning in the scholarly context of Religious Studies. Explain the functions of myth according to the scholar Joseph Campbell.
(POSSIBLY IN CHAPTER 7)