Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
For this task, you are required to create a news report as if you were a journalist at the scene of the crime!
Writing and Reporting a News Story
The key elements of a News Report are:
1. Headline: catches your attention, sums up the story
2. Byline: Writer’s name, Writer’s specialty
3. Placeline: Where the story begins
4. Lead: The opening section, gives the most important information, should answer most of the 5Ws
5. Body: Supplies detail, most important details come first, simple true statements
6. Quotation: what someone actually said, adds accuracy, adds “at the scene” feeling
Part 1: Write a report based on the events from the final scene. Think of the impact that Hamlet’s actions will have. Make predictions about the future. Report on the events. Try to create an interesting and captivating story to share.
Part 2: Once you have written your report, you will be required to create a video recording of yourself reporting the story, as if you were a journalist working for a major news agency. You can be creative and dress as a journalist would. Record yourself using Video Note or your own software and upload it with your submission.
Please see the rubric for more details.
Be sure to include the following (see checklist below). Aim for 400-600 words in total.
News Report Checklist
Make sure that your report has included:
– Headline – something catchy
– Byline – your reporting name
– Lead – should be at least 200 words and answer the 5 Ws (who, what, where, when, why)
– Quotations – include quotes directly from the play
– Body – additional information that you feel is useful to the story
– Language – clear, concise language free of grammatical errors
– Transitions – smooth transitions between sentences and paragraphs
– A photograph with a Caption
– Cite all resources in MLA format
– Total length of the report should be between 400 – 600 words