Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Length: One Page Single-Spaced (Up to 500 Words*)
Value: 10% of Final Grade
Share a personal view or opinion about your initial understanding of employment law.
You may use an experience in your life or in the life of a friend or family (no need to reveal a person’s identity,
you can use pseudonyms). Alternatively, you can share thoughts you have developed as a result of reading
something in the news or hearing in another class.
For your reference, here are some ideas you can use as a springboard for your assignment. You are not
limited to these; you may choose anything you wish to write about.
• It is difficult to fire people in Canadian workplaces
• The Ontario Government did the right thing to raise the minimum wage
• Severance packages in Canada should be bigger
• Discrimination is still prevalent in Ontario workplaces
• Canadian workers need more protection under health and safety laws
• Employers shouldn’t be looking at employees’ activities online
• All employers should cover their employees’ dental benefits
• Maternity Leave in Ontario Workplaces isn’t properly protected or long enough
• Employers should do more drug testing
• There is too much red tape to immigrate to Canada and land a decent job
• When you compare men and women, they aren’t paid equitably
Please upload a pdf with you work in the Assignments section of Quercus or you can copy and paste it
The purpose of this assignment is to provide you with an opportunity to express your opinion about the state of
employment law in Canada and your initial impressions. It is understood that at this stage in the course, you
are unlikely to have in-depth knowledge of common law precedents or statutory legislation, instead you are
simply being asked to situate rudimentary concepts in the context of an experience and to have an opinion.
This assignment intends to allow you to demonstrate critical thinking and self-reflection.
Here are the areas that will be considered when grading this submission:
Expresses View Shares Opinion
Displays Critical Insight/ Is Reflective
Relates to Workplace Law
Paper is well-structured
*There will be some flexibility in the world limit but it is asked that you make an effort to meet it as much as possible. If this
becomes an issue and you need to shorten your work, feel free to use point form where possible.