Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
*Please number all responses and embed media (rather than posting as an attachment).*
(1) After reviewing this week’s material, share as a blog entry an image that reflects the divine command theory. Do not choose media that explains the theory. That is YOUR job.
(2) Explain why you chose that particular media in reference to the theory.
(3) Explain the dilemma Socrates discusses in Euthyphro.
(4) Rewrite the Euthyphro argument in standard form. (You may simply cut and paste my version from the lesson.)
I already wrote this down.
P1: What is moral is either moral because God commands it or it is not.
P2: If what is moral is moral because God commands it then morality is arbitrary and vacuous.
P3: If what is moral for reasons other than God commands it, then God is superfluous from the standpoint of morality.
C: Either morality is arbitrary and vacuous or God is superfluous to morality.
(5) Looking over your standard form version of the Euthyphro argument, and ask yourself: Is this a good argument? Be sure to refer to the strengths and weaknesses of the premises in relation to the conclusion rather than anything outside of the argument such as speculations and/or personal beliefs.